Previous Ministers' releases and speeches - The Hon Stuart Robert MP
The Hon Stuart Robert MP
Minister for Veterans' Affairs
Minister for Human Services
Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC
New Veterans’ Review Board members announced
Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC Stuart Robert today announced the Governor-General has appointed 21 new part-time members to the Veterans’ Review Board (VRB).
“The Veterans’ Review Board is an independent tribunal that reviews decisions made by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and the Repatriation Commission,” Mr Robert said.
“The Board plays a vital role in ensuring veterans receive all the benefits and payments to which they are entitled.”
Senior Members of the VRB are lawyers or professionals who preside over hearings. Service Members are selected from nominations submitted by ex-service organisations. All members are appointed part-time for a five–year period.
“I congratulate all the appointees and look forward to the contribution they will make to the VRB during their tenure,” Mr Robert said.
The new Members are:
- Jane Elizabeth Anderson (Member)
- Colonel Christopher Edward Austin (Member)
- Robyn Louise Bailey (Senior Member)
- Brigadier Mark Desmond Bornholt (Ret’d) (Service Member)
- Sharon Elizabeth Brennan (Member)
- Dr Scott Allan Clark (Service Member)
- Linda Mary Corbould OAM (Member)
- Nadine Crimston (Service Member)
- Robert Douglass (Senior Member)
- Commodore Simon James Hart CSC RANR (Service Member)
- Louise Hunt (Service Member)
- Christopher Anthony Vincent Keher (Member)
- Sandra Jayne Kerr (Member)
- Josephine Alice Lumb (Member)
- Colonel Peter Lewis Maher (Service Member)
- June McPhie (Senior Member)
- Jillian Moir (Senior Member)
- Francis Xavier Roberts (Service Member)
- Tammy Williams (Senior Member)
- Nicholas Wilson (Member)
- Neville William Wyatt (Member)
The biographies of the new appointees will be available shortly on the VRB website (www.vrb.gov.au).
Richard Briedis (Minister Robert): 0477 391 174
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Media: 02 6289 6203
Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS)
can be reached 24 hours a day across Australia for crisis support and free and confidential counselling.
Phone 1800 011 046 (international: +61 8 8241 4546)